Fondo Italiano per l’Efficienza Energetica SGR S.p.A.
FIEE SGR S.p.A.
FIEE is a private equity firm which manages ESG-compliant alternative investment funds (AIFs) focused on energy transition (energy efficiency, renewables, electrification, energy communities, …), with attractive returns and low volatility.
One of the main European funds entirely focused on energy transition
Main Italian private player in public lighting: over 700,000 lighting points in 175 cities
Main national player in buildings energy efficiency: 3,000 managed condominiums, major player in HVAC technologies
Relevant player in renewable energy: over 250MW in operation
First mover in energy storage (hydrogen-to-power and Energy Communities)
Market & Investment strategy
Large and growing market: € 145 billion by 2030
Market-oriented sectors, independent of government subsidies
Proven investment strategy:
- € 140 million fully invested through FIEE I (“Italian Fund for Energy Efficiency”), investment period completed
- € 70 million invested through IEEF II (“Italian Energy Efficiency Fund II”)
- € 200 million of investment opportunities in pipeline
Funds & Investors
- First closing: 2016
- Asset under management: € 166 million
- Investments: € 140 million
- Term of the fund: 2028
- First closing: 2020
- Asset under management: € 166 million (over 80% are re-ups from FIEE I investors), planning to reach the € 200 million hard cap in 2021
- Investments: € 70 million
- Term of the fund: 2032
- Major institutional investors such as supranational bodies, insurance companies, funds of funds, banks, banking foundations, family offices, distribution platforms
European Investment Bank committed € 25 million to FIEE I and € 40 million to IEEF II.
Appealing returns & Low risk profile
Investments with stable and predictable cash flow generation
Funds with attractive risk-return profiles
- FIEE I delivers double-digit returns through cash distributions and capital appreciation
- IEEF II confirms the same risk-return profile as FIEE I’s
Team & Track record
Highly qualified team with proven expertise in energy and finance
Partners and Key Managers also with entrepreneurial background
Partners and Managers invest significantly in the funds
A ESG-compliant private equity firm focused on energy transition
We are the ideal private equity platform to allocate capital to energy transition related sectors: extensive network and experience complemented by strategic vision and a consolidated track record.
Our investors: major institutions such as supranationals, insurance companies, funds of funds, banks, banking foundations, family offices, distribution platforms, etc.
Generation from renewable sources
CO2 emissions avoided
Why FIEE Sgr?
Press releases and news
Il punto di…Andrea Marano e Raffaele Mellone, Amministratori Delegati di Fondo Italiano per l’Efficienza Energetica SGR – Newsletter AIFI
Via Saverio Mercadante 9
t. +39 06 916581