Fondo Italiano per l’Efficienza Energetica SGR S.p.A.
FIEE SGR is a ‘native ESG’ private equity company committed to setting up and managing alternative investment funds (AIFs) that invest in energy transition projects (energy efficiency, renewables, electrification, energy communities, …) with attractive returns and low volatility.
One of the leading European funds focused on energy transition
Main Italian private player in public lighting: over 800 thousand lighting points in 200 cities
Main national player in buildings energy efficiency: management of 3,000 buildings, major player in HVACR technology innovations (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration)
Major player in renewables: over 250MW in operation
First mover in energy communities and energy storage (hydrogen-to-power)
Market & Investment strategy
Broad and growing market: € 145 billion by 2030
Market-oriented sectors, public subsidy-free
Investment and divestment effective and proven strategy:
- € 157 million invested by the first fund FIEE I (‘Fondo Italiano per l’Efficienza Energetica’), investment period completed
- First two exits successfully completed with high returns
- More than € 130 million already committed by the second fund IEEF II (“Italian Energy Efficiency Fund II”), investment period ongoing
- € 200 million investment opportunities under evaluation
Funds & Investors
- Start-up: 2016
- Assets under management: € 191 million, of which € 166 million direct and € 25 million indirect
- Investments: € 157 million completed in 6 deals.
- First two exits successfully completed for € 141 million with high returns
- Expiry date: 2028
- Start-up: 2020
- Assets under management: € 201 million, funding completed above the € 200 million threshold (over 70% raised by FIEE I investors)
- Investments: over € 130 million already committed by IEEF II, of which € 98 million already invested
- First successful exit for € 38 million and high returns
- Expiry date: 2032
- The investors are leading international financial institutions: insurance companies, funds of funds, banks, banking foundations, as well as family offices and SGR’s partners and managers.
- European Investment Bank is Anchor Investor in both Funds, with € 25 million on FIEE I and € 40 million on IEEF II
Appealing returns & Low risk profile
Investments with stable and predictable cash flow generation
Funds with attractive low-volatility returns
- FIEE I has a positive J-Curve, regular distributions, and a double-digit return
- IEEF II confirms the same risk-return profile as FIEE I
Team & Track record
Highly qualified Team with proven track record in the energy and finance sectors
Partners and Key Managers with track records on different business ventures too
Partners and Managers are also investors in the established and managed Funds
Native ESG private equity platform aiming at energy transition
Companies currently in portfolio, after divestments
Oltre € 2 billion
capex made or ongoing in the energy transition field
Cremonesi S.r.l. incorporated by Comat Servizi Energetici S.p.A. since 01.01.2022.
In December 2022, PLT Energia (invested by both funds) was sold to ENI Plenitude.
With a high-level relationship system, experience, and strategic vision in our fields of expertise and a strong track record, we are the ideal private equity platform to invest in the energy transition.
The investors are leading international financial institutions: insurance companies, funds of funds, banks, banking foundations, as well as family offices and the SGR’s partners and managers.
Commitment to sustainable investments and implementation of an ESG Policy to measure performance (data 2022).
Generation from renewable sources
CO2 avoided emissions
* The figures also include the performance of PLT Energia, which stake was sold by the FIEE I and IEEF II Funds on 29 December 2022
Why FIEE SGR?
Highly experienced team that has been successfully working together for more than 10 years and has in-depth knowledge of the energy market.
Highly qualified advisors with more than 26 years of average experience in the energy and finance sectors.
Team of 14 people fully committed to the investment and operations areas.
Press releases and news
FIEE has completed the fundraising of its second private equity fund focused on energy transition, surpassing the threshold of €200 million
Via Saverio Mercadante 9
t. +39 06 916581